jueves, 29 de octubre de 2020

Dear President Trump:

 No es un político. Sólo es un hombre que AMA a su país. Sólo.


I owe you a huge apology. During the primaries of the 2016 election, I was merciless to you, denounced you as a “fake,” “liberal” and “charlatan,” and warned my fellow Christian believers that you were a wolf in sheep’s clothing, promising to uphold Life and remake our courts with conservative judges ONLY to deceive us into voting for you. I also predicted that if the Republican Party nominates you, you would be destroyed by Hillary in the general election, because you were “unelectable.”

After you vanquished your primary opponents and my choice was reduced to you and Hillary, I held my nose and voted for you in the general election, because I would rather take a risk on someone who at least promises to uphold Life and Religious Liberty than vote for someone who promises to destroy both.

Boy, did you prove me wrong!

Through your tireless work, actions and policies over the last 4 years you have shown yourself to be a true champion for Life and Religious Freedom.

You have defunded Planned Parenthood, causing it to lose tens of millions of dollars each year. You have fought against and cancelled many of the evil policies of your predecessor that forced us, and even nuns, to fund abortion with our taxpayer dollars. You have placed THREE pro-life judges on the Supreme Court, now bringing us closer than ever to repealing and healing the genocidal, unconstitutional legacy of Roe v. Wade. In word and in deed, you have proven yourself to be not merely a politician who pays lip service to Life to win votes, but one of the most effective pro-Life presidents that our nation has ever had.

You have transformed our federal courts – not just the Supreme Court – with hundreds of conservative, pro-Life and pro-Constitution jurists, who will serve lifetime appointments and protect our Constitution from the Left for generations after you leave office. As a Constitutional Attorney, I have had the pleasure to litigate Religious Liberty and Life cases before some of these judges, and they are truly a breath of fresh air. They give me much hope for the future of our country!

You have declared Church to be “essential” and authorized your Justice Department to fight against governor-despots that have attempted to keep the Church closed on account of a survivable virus, while opening up all sorts of other “essential” businesses, like liquor stores and abortion mills.

You have prioritized Religious Freedom over all personal preferences and political agendas. Thanks also for not lighting the White House pink in June!

You have also surprised me with your unflinching support for Israel, your decision to move the US Embassy to Jerusalem (the rightful, true and eternal capital of Israel), and your successful efforts in securing previously elusive peace between Israel and an increasing number of its neighbors.

And you did all of these things (and so many, many others) despite overwhelming and unprecedented obfuscation and opposition. (By the way, my wallet and retirement accounts also thank you, but I would gladly pay more taxes and eat only ramen noodles in retirement if that were the cost of protecting Life and Freedom).

Mr. President, I’m sorry I doubted you.

To my defense, I didn’t know you in 2016. You had no record of conservative accomplishments – only promises – and I have been burned by politician promises so many times.

But now, in 2020, I DO know you, and I have seen your unmatched record of promises fulfilled.

I judge you by your policies, fulfilled promises, and accomplishments, and not by your sometimes-brash personality.

While I reluctantly voted for you in 2016 only in the hope of avoiding the greater, guaranteed evil of a Hillary Clinton presidency, this time around I will crawl over broken glass and wait in line for 8 hours or more to enthusiastically cast my vote in-person for you on Election Tuesday.

Now don’t get me wrong, and don’t let this go to your already-inflated ego. I do not think you’re perfect by any means. In fact, you have many flaws (as do I), and you badly need Jesus (as do I). I constantly pray for you to be closer to Jesus, to seek Him, and to allow Him to guide you and transform your life.

I place my ultimate hope for myself, my family, and my country in Jesus alone.

But I am so thankful that God has allowed you to serve our country, for such a time as this. Tuesday can’t come soon enough!

Sincerely,

Harry Mihet

Conservative Christian, Adopted American and Constitutional Attorney.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.

Por sus frutos...

  "Es increíble y vergonzoso que ni predicadores ni moralistas eleven más su voz contra los abusos hacia los animales"            ...